Thursday, October 23, 2014

Class 7: Final Preparation: Choosing a Javascript programming track

After reading these sites I understand that Javascript is a scripting language for HTML, and Java is a programming language. 


Comparing Different Javascript Programming Tutorials
Kahn Academy and Code Academy

Making an Account on Kahn Academy
I selected the Javascript computer Programming tutorial. 

The hint was helpful for this tutorial, which was to make the bite of the apple larger. 
Painting 
Shortcut tutorial
Code Academy


I found code academy to be much easier to use than Kahn academy. I didn't like that on Kahn Academy you watch a video demonstration and then are expected to do what it said. As a (very) beginner I couldn't keep up. Code academy was extremely user friendly, and I really liked that each step was broken down. I feel much more comfortable with Javascript and I feel like I have a clearer understanding of what it is. So, if forced to choose between the two, I would definitely choose Code Academy. 










No comments:

Post a Comment