Monday, September 22, 2014

MIDTERM #3

JPEG: Step 1. Here is the Ball.tif with my name written on it. 



JPEG: Step 2. Here I used the "export as" function of GIMP to save the image as a JPG file, and adjust the quality. 

JPEG: Step 3. Here I adjusted the image quality before saving the final product.
JPEG: Below is the final product- the Ball saved as a JPEG file.
GIF: Step 1-Again used the "export as" function to save the ball in GIF format. 
GIF: Here is the ball saved in GIF format
PNG: Step 1- I used the "export as" function again and selected PNG format. 
PNG: Step 2- Here is the compression setting, I left it at 9 and pressed export to save. 

PNG: Here is the ball saved as a PNG file. 



This is an exercise to learn how to save images in various file formats. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc  








No comments:

Post a Comment